In Home Child Care



What is In Home Child Care?

In Home Child Care is funded by the federal government and is available to families in unique circumstances. It is supported by the National Family Day Care Council of Australia (NFDCCA) and the National In Home Child Care Association (NICA).

In Home Child Care is a coordinated child care service which provides monitored and supported care based in the child's own home. 


Aims and Objectives

We aim to operate an inclusive non-discriminatory child care service that is regulated and monitored by qualified staff in order to...

  • Provide flexible care in the child's home including; full-time, part-time, overnight, shift work, casual care and outside school hours care,
  • Operate a service which supports carers in maintaining effective child protection, safety and hygiene practices,
  • Maintain a high level of carer and staff professionalism by providing ongoing training opportunities and
  • Provide ongoing opportunities for parents and carers to participate in service evaluations.


Family Eligibility Criteria

IHCC services are targeted at families with children who:

  • Cannot be cared for by another child care service or whose circumstances mean an existing child care service cannot meet their needs and
  • To whom one or more of the following applies:
  1. The child has, or lives with another child who has, an illness or a disability.
  2. The child's parent/guardian (or parent/guardian's partner) has an illness or disability that affects their ability to care for the child.
  3. The child lives in a rural or remote area.
  4. The work hours of the child's parent/guardian (or parent/guardian's partner) are hours when no other approved child care service is available.
  5. The child's parent/guardian (or parent/guardian's partner) is caring for three or more children who have not yet started school.


Child Care Benefit

Eligible parents using In Home Child Care are able to access Child Care Benefit (CCB) and receive the Child Care Rebate (CCR).

To claim CCB or CCR, you need to be assessed and approved by the Family Assistance Office (FAO). The FAO asks for an estimate of your family's income for the current financial year.

You can nominate how you wish the CCR to be paid. This will need to be discussed with the FAO.


Information for Carers